Monday, November 1, 2010

Siesta's championship...


Soccer and bullfighting? No, the national sport in Spain is the siesta. A luxury which the Spaniards do not give up completely. In Madrid, held the first world championship organized by the siesta "Friends of the siesta." On the first day well attended by 360 people. The real siesta should last 20 minutes and must be made absolutely after lunch. A team of doctors to check the timer with the actual duration of sleep. Al "ganador" (the winner) will receive a prize of one thousand euro, the second 500 and third 250. Prizes for subcategories: the best sleeper, the original position, the best pajamas and preferred by the public. The league was formed with the purpose of defending one of the fundamental values of Spanish culture.

11 comments:

  1. I could win the hell out of that! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I could sleep for just 20 minutes. If it was a "sleep as long as you can" competition I'd definitely win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will follow u,,u follow me..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definitely be able to compete in this as well! Very interesting, makes me want to look this up now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, there should be a freakin tournament for prcorastinators and deadbeats, the person that doesn't show up is basically the winner LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Siestas are a fundamental value now, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice blog,,interesting post..:)

    ReplyDelete